Tuesday, December 23, 2014

In The Silence - A Fair Dream Gone Mad



These guys must love Opeth‘s Damnation. Or maybe I just REALLY do and can’t help but think of it whenever I listen to any other kind of prog metal…or maybe these guys actually do? Meh. Either way, I’m super-stoked to share this gem of prog metal with you all.

In The Silence is a California-based quartet with one album to their name: A Fair Dream Gone Mad. And let me tell you, fellow prog metal snobs, this album is a titan! It’s got everything you could possibly want in an album: finger snapping solos (some are even thrashy), excellent drum work, fitting and hauntingly soulful vocals, and equally haunting lyrics (I’m looking at you Serenity).

It ain’t all as progressive heaven as I’d like it to be, though. The pacing kinda crashes after track #4 (Beneath These Fallen Leaves) and never fully recovers. I mean, the songs are still good, but they lack the placement and ferocity that tracks 1-4 owned. Again, not bad at all, just a little misplaced.

There’s really not much else to say about A Fair Dream Gone Mad except that if you’re a fan of heavy progressive music, you should skip on down to their website and pick up this album before they’re all gone…which they might be since I waited to long to tell you about ‘em. Try anyway. Tell ‘em Typhon sent’cha!

In The Silence On Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment