Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Broozer - 12x04x12



Hey hey! Grindhead Records! I haven’t heard from you guys in a grip! To what do I owe the honor of this visit from Australia’s premier death/grind label?

*Cartoonish murmurs and whisper sounds*

A SLUDGE outfit from Melbourne, Victoria you say? Color me intrigued, since they managed to find their way onto your label. There must be something special hidden between the covers of this Aztec-ian human sacrifice facade and I can’t wait to find out what it is!

12x04x12 (a quick Google search reveals nothing helpful regarding this album title so, I’ll just assume that it has something to do with the measurements of Australia’s Next Top Anorexic) is pure, high energy sludge from beginning to end that, in my experience, isn’t exactly the best choice to “chill out” with due to Broozer’s sheer ferocity.

At no point in time does Broozer give you any time to recuperate from the last savage beating (I guess you know them better as, “tracks” or “songs”) they dished out. I can see how that could get a little on the raw side for some people, but ultimately there’s no real concern for those weak-necked fools!

Retch Bile’s vocal attack is just that; an attack. His is simply the most violent voice I’ve ever heard attached to a sludge metal outfit. Bravo Mr. Bile! Also up for praise is Dario Amati’s drum work. Subtle and vicious. I have NO IDEA as to how you can make that a working combination of styles, but he does it and man, does he do it to the Moon (Keith Moon, that is). The man is WILD! Last, but not least, we come to Bruce Ibbotson and his six string accomplice; The Riffmeister General… ok, I made that up. But I’m sure he’s got an ax or two with some pretty sick names. The point still stands. The opening riff to Bland is what stands out as the shinning exaple of this guy’s talented ear for this shit. Youtube it and I’m certain you’d agree.

The only major down side to this album is a personal miffen of my own; I REALLY wish that this album was a wee bit longer. But you know me, never really satisfied… unless I am. Which I pretty much am…

Broozer On Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment